- Our patented Trisan toilet pan is an ergonomic, source separation toilet that does not need water for flushing.
- Water is needed only to cleanup oneself.
- A western style toilet requires over 15 liters of water for a single flush. Trisan needs none.
- A single Trisan could save upto 80,000 liters of fresh water per family of 6.
- It is an eco-friendly solution that helps conserve water and save the environment.
- Unlike Ecosan toilets, our Trisan does not require the user to move to wash themselves.
- These toilets do not stink (if cleaned and maintained properly)
- The Bacteria load is also much less than water flush toilets
- The feces turns into manure within 8 months
- Urine can be collected and used as liquid fertilizer.
- Although not mandatory, Trisan is equipped to use a waterless urinal attachment Vyuh thus further reducing odors.
- The length of the Trisan is shorter than a traditional Eco-san toilet pan and therefore one could save on the building expense.
How does it work?
- Trisan is a source separation toilet, where the urine and wash water are separated.
- The Urine can be collected separately and used in agriculture
- The feces turns into manure in a time span of 8 months
- The ergonomic lid used in Trisan has an inverted cone shape, it diverts the wash water away from the feces.
- The user does not have to move, he/she can wash themselves over this cap.
- The handle remains dry and therefore free from contamination and can be touched by others in the family.
What is the Environmental Impact ?
- Only 3% of water on earth is fresh water.
- A typical toilet flush uses anywhere between 8 liters (regular toilets) to 15 liters (for western toilets with long flush) of fresh water.
- Annually a single household toilet pan could use an equivalent of fresh water in two average sized swimming pools.
- The sewage treatment plants are overwhelmed by the excess water that needs to be treated.
- We are wasting fresh water to flush toilets that could otherwise be used for drinking.
How much can you save?
- By installing Trisan you save up to 86,000 liters of fresh water per household toilet per year. Cost of water varies but it would be in the range of Rs.3,000 per year for a family of 6.
- You save up to Rs 500 annually in electricity as you do not need to pump this water to your over head water tanks.
- You do not need to spend on scent chemicals. A savings of up to Rs 250 per year
- You could realize an over all savings of up to Rs. 3,750 per year per pan, for a family of 6.
- If the toilet is used more frequently then the savings are even higher.
- You will recover your investment within 1.0 year.